As a responsible operator, we want to play our part in supporting communities near our sites as well as protecting and enhancing the local environment.
Under normal circumstances we welcome school and college visits to our site, host community open days and carry out a broad range of regular community support initiatives. In addition, local charities and community groups have benefitted from the donation of money, materials and time, through our employee volunteering days.
Our approach is to prioritise support for initiatives promoting:
- Education, skills, and wellbeing
- Protecting/enhancing the environment
- Supporting biodiversity and sustainability
- Promoting the community and heritage of the area
Assistance is prioritised to groups making applications from those based within a three-mile radius of Batts Combe quarry. To make an application for funding, material donation and/or volunteer support please tell us about your group and/or project, what type of support you are seeking and how your project’s aims dovetail with our support initiative goals set out above. Please complete the form.
Request a donation
Recent beneficiaries of our local support programme include:
- A donation of £2,500 towards the cost of setting up an employability and learning hub to help students at The Kings of Wessex Academy in Cheddar take their next step in education or employment.
- A large donation of asphalt to improve car parking facilities at the new community hall in Upper North Street, Cheddar.
- Significant donation of aggregates and asphalt to create new pump track at Sharpham Road playing fields in Cheddar.
More can be found in our news section