As a responsible operator, we want to play our part in supporting communities near our sites as well as protecting and enhancing the local environment.
We welcome planned school and college visits, host community open days and carry out a broad range of regular community support initiatives. In addition, local charities and community groups have benefitted from the donation of money, materials and time, through our employee volunteering days.
Our approach is to prioritise support for initiatives promoting:
- Education, skills, and wellbeing
- Protecting/enhancing the environment
- Supporting biodiversity and sustainability
- Promoting the community and heritage of the area
Assistance is prioritised to groups making applications from those based within a three-mile radius of our Tytherington quarry site. To make an application for funding, material donation and/or volunteer support, please tell us about your group and/or project, what type of support you are seeking and how your project’s aims dovetail with our support initiative goals set out above.
Complete this form to request a donation
Recent beneficiaries of our local support programme include:
- Tytherington Parish Council – Heidelberg Materials made a £900 donation towards the village’s Platinum Jubilee celbrations which helped cover costs associated with marquee hire, printing of raffle tickets and raffle prizes.
- Wotton Community Sports Foundation is to receive 350 tonnes of type one stone from Tytherington for use in the upgrade of the car park at Wotton Community PARC.